Monday, December 06, 2004

A Chardonnay-induced Poem

Broken people are everywhere
crying out for attention, lurking in the darkness
Happy faces with sad souls
life is a masquerade ball in which we all must dance
Fast, slow or just a little behind

Happy days and lonely nights
It's all a facade
Our thoughts are a series of fantasies
Wishes of being where we want to be
of living and dreaming and dancing care free
free of all conventional shackles
Able to be me, with no consequences
Broken people are everywhere, and one of them is me.

So much has been going on! Join my mailing list to be notified of my entries as I will be posting sporadically.

1 comments:

Leftcoastman said...

Hey! Why not do something to change your brokenness?
You're welcome to check out my blog and no, I'm not a sugar daddy, just a good guy. Your poem's not bad, though I'm no expert. You might like a site of a former poet laureate so I'll include that, too. Oops, I'm just like a guy who wants to fix things, but on the other hand, you talked about broken first. :-)
http://www.bigsnap.com/billy.html

http://WeAreGrowing.blogspot.com

I'm still getting my feet wet, sort of like The Cars first four albums. Oh, read to a little kid...Stone Soup