Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Unrequited Love

After Gino and I had sex for the first time, he didn't call me for two days following. When he finally called me I didn't pick up, he left a message and had this playful tone in his voice that seriously irritated me, because I felt used and rejected at the time. And he continued to call me for the remainder of the day; I didn't answer any of his calls. The next day he called me and blocked his number. I don't usually pick up my blocked calls but I did that day and boy do I regret it.
He asked me why I wasn't answering his calls, told me he was sorry for not calling and that he missed me. He also said he thought that I was overreacting to the entire situation.
Overreacting? I just fucked a man and he didn't call me for two days! I was pissed off.
We ended up getting together, I was still upset and told him so. To which he replied "Well, I don't know what to say, your temper is very intimidating." I didn't drag the matter out any longer, I was eager to put the bullshit behind us and move on. When we parted I was under the impression that everything was peaches.
Apparently not, he hasn't called me since.

I cannot help but chastize myself for once again falling in love with the wrong type of man. I seem to be attracted to emotionally unavailable men. I knew going in that Gino was guarded and a bit sensitive from being hurt in the past. But yet I charged on, wanting to show him how wonderful love can be and hoping for a change of heart. The truth of the matter is that he is not ready for a relationship. I have cried for the many possibilities of our love and the loss of what I thought was a great connection. Now I'm over it.

If I had the chance to speak to Gino once more I would say:
"I'm grateful for making your acquaintance and I do hope the feeling is mutual. We've shared many laughs and pleasures, even though this is ending quite differently than we both imagined. I hope that when you think of me you can smile and wonder how I am doing.
I wish you good luck in life and in love. I'm sure you'll be more successful than you can possibly imagine."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

I've been reading your blog for awhile now and seriously, you sound wonderful. Don;t be upset at all over the jerk. It;s great that you;re able to think abt what you'll tell him if you see him again. But never EVER go back to him, not even if he brings flowers and a Tiffany tennis bracelet! Well, maybe he brought the jewelery. heh! but yeah, it's great that you got to see his jackass side now and not when you;re a year into the relationship. take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

I've been reading your blog for awhile now and seriously, you sound wonderful. Don;t be upset at all over the jerk. It;s great that you;re able to think abt what you'll tell him if you see him again. But never EVER go back to him, not even if he brings flowers and a Tiffany tennis bracelet! Well, maybe he brought the jewelery. heh! but yeah, it's great that you got to see his jackass side now and not when you;re a year into the relationship. take care!

Hannah said...

My Dear,
it sucks to be in a situation u know u can give it all to tht someone but only to get hot-cold treatment frm him. Many times u must have said, " I will ignore him " but u tend to break on ur own words. It makes u feel hopeless. Anyway, can we link up?