Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Love is Overrated

I think I have a gift, I can make men fall in love with me. After a single date and a long conversation, I become their fairytale. But I'm not a manipulative person, it all happens before I realize what I've done. What a wonderful... curse.

It's been over two months since I began to write this entry and everything has changed between Gino and I.

Gino's birthday came and went. I called him very early, sang happy birthday on his voicemail. Later when he called me back, he said he had no plans for the entire day and that his friends may be too busy to take him out for his birthday. I was delighted, I ran out and bought him a bottle of champagne and a bumpy cake for two. But he never called me back, so I ate his cake and drank his champagne. When he did call, he fed me some bullshit about not wanting the spotlight on him and that he ended up staying home, alone.

A few weeks later, I ended all the madness. Somewhere between our power struggles and his inability to communicate, I gave up. A month ago I sent him a text saying "I don't think this is going to work out, it's been fun." Then I realized what a coward I was and how pissed off I would be if someone did the same to me. So I called him up and apologized profusely.

Things were never quite the same after that, he dove into his "work" and I began to hit the nightclubs frequently. I ran into an acquaintance of his at one of these clubs. I got the feeling he wanted to date me simply because I was dating Gino. So we went out for a nice dinner, he took me shopping and hasn't called me for three weeks, which does not concern me. The man cried the last time I saw him, I imagine he has a lot of "personal" issues.

Anyway I've continued dating, and I'm having a ball. I'm through with longing for someone whose heart is fenced and wired. My love/lust for Gino was never going to be reciprocated, and I finally realized that. His work was his love.
My theory on my attraction to Gino is this; It was refreshing for me to encounter someone that wasn't completely enthralled by me, at first it was a challenge I gladly accepted. But it quickly turned into intense desire, because it is human nature to want what one cannot have. Then it turned into resentment because the things I did for him and my presence in general was not being appreciated. And finally, apathy. But still I'm a hopeful person, if he called me I would maintain a cordial tone.
It's been weeks since I devoted this much thought to him.

I feel a fresh start has opened up its arms to me, I've started a new job and moved to a new house.

I've also been propositioned by a man I work with. It began at the end of a business day, the coworkers and I went out for a drink, which quickly turned into 8. Only one of us drove, so at the end of the night(4 a.m.) the rest of us were dropped back at the office lot where our cars awaited. This man and I went back into the office, I'm not sure what for, I wasn't lucid at the time. Before I could blink, he told me he was willing to pay me $5,000 to fuck him. Taken aback, I blushed a bit and said
"My my, is this how you approach women? This is insulting."
"$10,000" he said.
I proceeded to rebuke him for attempting to solicit me. His offer hit $20,000.
Then I consented.
After a little sucking and fucking, I asked him if his offer was for real. He said he would take care of me completely, as long as I promised to be his, and his alone.

"So are you mine?" He asked.
"I'm yours."

He's not just any man, he's my boss.

9 comments:

Andrew Van Den Brink said...

hm......
remember you are human
so no one can have you
they buy your body but not you
thats what i think.......

Anonymous said...

The truth is I am one of those few people born in the lucky sperm club, born rich, still am rich. The way my wife got to catch me was by getting her Dad to introduce her into my Dad's company. Then she introduced her to me (I checked her back ground and there were no criminal records and her family had no criminal records) and we dated. We broke off for a while when she tried to pressure me to get married by leaving wedding magazines for me to read whenever I came by to pick her up. I ended up with 7 grilfriends in the 7 days that we were apart, we finally got back together and got married. We live in a mansion with a housekeeper, gardener, etc. I provide and pay for everything including her clothes, jewellery, etc. She still keeps her job at my Dad's company where I work because she says she wants to keep an eye out on me. Currently I am bored to death and wondering if you guys had any suggestion what I should do in my life. Life is pretty boring when you have everything (by the way we have a baby coming on the way).

Andrew Van Den Brink said...

@anonymous
Share your $
help people
play online game
watch Oprah

Anonymous said...

Great post. the transition to the proposition took me by surprise. It seems you have gotten more than you wished for.

Jim

Anonymous said...

i lurve reading ur posts! it's gud to know dat life is interesting after all. is the proposition still on? i had a similar experience like urs...

LionHeart said...

At least you are offered a price that is high and you are not feeling repulsive over the person. A good deal for you. Since it is your boss. Guard your heart is still the safest.

Anonymous said...

Hi, its me again, the anonymous multi-millionaire. I wish I was a billionaire. Being a multi-millionaire SUCKS big time, you can only BUY and SELL properties. I wish I was a BILLIONAIRE like my Dad and BUY and SELL companies and build big developments in prime locations rather than just buying shops and commercial units.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to admit, these postings are very inspiring. However, let me get this straight, if I am an Investment Banker, and my boss is the Bank's CEO, she apporaches me to fuck her, she offers me three times my already six digit salary, and to take care of me when it comes to promotions, and stock options, and provided that she is an attractive woman, I should just jump at the opportunity.

Well, I am sorry, call me whatever you like, but at this point, I would most fucken certainly RESIGN.

Cipherrus

Anonymous said...

Find yourself a $ugarbabie ~smile~
Such as me!