Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bittersweet

Just as I was silently praising Alex for his ability to take a hint, he texts me,
twice. Something or the other about vacationing abroad and missing me.
That seems to be the theme of this month, I can no longer stand hearing my name and "I miss you" in the same sentence. I wish he'd leave me alone. I could have ignored the texts, but I texted back saying we should meet for coffee next week. We're going to have a chat about the demise of our relationship and I'm going to treat it like a bullet to the head, quick and painless.

I hung out with a very old friend of mine, PJ. He's best friends with Lucky and a raving coke head(not that it matters, just wanted to throw that out there). We spent the majority of the night talking about his recent ex. I saw pictures, the woman is stunning. But she tried very hard to change him, and was more like an emmasculating mother than a girlfriend. Anyway, somehow the conversation landed on me. He reflected on our friendship and how he felt he could always be himself with me. I told him I had a boyfriend so he wouldn't jump my bones, he can be quite the seductive devil. He said something about wanting to take things to another level, if I didn't have a boyfriend. Oy Vey! Soon I won't have any platonic male friends and then what will I do. We fooled around, he did lovely things with his tongue then I went home.


I'm in love with a man who doesn't express his emotions for he fears I'm a restless ghost.
And I have no doubt he would sacrifice my heart to save his own without thinking twice.
So we continue this painstaking dance,
him holding back and me falling in deeply,
careful not to step on each other's toes.
I hope this song will end soon. I'm so sick of dancing.

6 comments:

Teenage Lolita said...

To demand for the best and more is never wrong...

Enjoy your columns alot...

Anonymous said...

i think you are retarded

JaG said...

A relationship will teach you what you really believe your all is worth. - Iyanla Vanzant

I think that quote is soooooo true!

Anonymous said...

hey where u at gurl? been missing ur entries. blog soon!!

Richard Kat said...

Let me know nytime u're in penang, malaysia and want a tongue or dick or even ass at ur disposal, do let me know.

monsieurkat@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

when are you going on oprah?

they always need more vapid, stereotypical commentary.