Sunday, September 20, 2009

Things I Miss

Hope you all enjoy the new trimmings, felt like I needed a bit of a face lift plus my archives work now :)

Earlier this year I decided to put the sugar lifestyle behind me. Feeling completely jaded after dating the Asshole of the Century (from now on referred to as AC). Peter, as in Peter Pan was my next foray into exclusivity. What a mistake that was.

For all the talk of abandoning the sugar lifestyle I really do miss it. I miss the all expenses paid vacations to exotic five star resorts. I miss the tuna tartar, jewelry for no reason and his visa with my name on it. Beer and fried food is not my idea of a good date.

Is it not possible to be a go-getter career woman and still be embraced by Chanel? My problem last time was garnering the motivation to achieve career success when all my material needs and wants were pacified. I think now my maturity and personal drive has solved that problem.

Towards the conclusion of my last hunt, I fine tuned a strategy for catching sugar daddies. It wasn't intricate, on the contrary, it reigned simplicity. I call it Über-fishing; throwing out as many hooks as possible and seeing what bites. I had an ad on all the Sugar Daddy sites, I was listed in multiple personals (local&national) and I attended as many upscale events as humanly possible. Draining but ultimately, it was craigslist that bit back. Go figure.

Now that I'm re-considering, I took a look at the popular Sugar Daddy sites once more. The mere thought of exchanging countless emails with misrepresented fakes, low ballers and ungracefully aging men gives me chills. Based on my previous experiences, I think much success (and peace of mind) is to be had by freestyling. This way you can completely eliminate the email tag and gauge his sugar-providing ability once his business card is in hand. You've just got to know where to look and show up in all your fab-ness.

I have a gift that benefits me quite well, I've mastered the art of active listening. During initial conversations I listen most carefully. This enables me to pick up hints as to what he desires most. Based on his history with other women and his own admissions I can become exactly what he wants. I can also read his non verbal cues and cater my every word and action to elicit a favorable response from him. This I do automatically now, with all men.

It's proven to be an invaluable skill. On the other hand, I'm unsure of the long term implications of this sort of manipulative behavior in the context of a healthy relationship. Wouldn't it mean I'm molding myself to another's image of the perfect lover rather than being myself? That I put my own needs second to his in order to get him to open his heart and his wallet? Food for thought I suppose... I think what I've missed most is sharing my thoughts with you all.

2 comments:

d.sugarbaby said...

wow, ive got to try that active listening thing...i also need to get over my disdain for using the phone...lol...i took a break from the sugar life for a few months as well, but it was all so intriguing....regular life becomes so mundane...ugh. this time around were expanding on the sugar community. a few of us have facebooks and we communicate through there...theres a link to my fb on my blog if you want to create one and join in :)

ttys
d.sugarbaby

Linnea said...

I just wanned to let you know that i think it's a personality cuality to mold yourself to the liking of the other person. I do that even though I am not a suggarbabe (but hoping to be later on in the future). Thank you for an amaxing blog that shows the diffrent sides of suggar babing!