Sunday, October 24, 2004

Pissed Off

I'm sitting here all dressed up with nowhere to go. The date I had set for tonight canceled on me last minute in an impolite manner. On Friday we made plans to meet at a fancy restaurant by my house tonight. But yesterday I called him and suggested somewhere more casual because I couldn't find anything suitable to wear. Well, today I called him a total of 3 times and emailed him before I got any response. He sent me this email --

I got your message Tiffany but I don't know that we really have much in
common. I am not comfortable with someone who doesn't leave a number
and I suspect that I am really just looking for a friend with benefits.
Tom

---end of email---

You suspect you're just looking for a fuck buddy? How can you be 42 and unsure of what you want? He's so full of it. I always called him private and not once did he ask for my number, which I would not have given anyway since I don't give my number to anonymous men I've never met in person.
Maybe I give off the girlfriend material vibe because this is the second time I've heard "I'm just looking for a friend with benefits" in two weeks. The first was a young cocky guy who lives out of state, I wasn't interested then and I'm certainly not interested now. I have no problem with the man looking for casual sex but he should have made that clear early on so I didn't waste my time.
When I called him back to respond he didn't pick up, what a coward.

There has been a lesson learned here, I must be blunt with all future men I chat with online; make them understand that I am NOT looking for a "friend with benefits"(this seems to be the preferred term for the over 30 crowd).
I truly doubt decent men who want a long term relationship are looking for quality women online. It would be a better idea to simply try to meet men at coffee shops and happy hours but I don't have to wear makeup and pumps to send an email.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling, I can understand your being upset about being treated shabbily. But a question, are you being up front in your desire to be a supported Barbie doll?

Jim

Tiffany said...

Jim, I believe I am. I would love for nothing other than to be a sexpot for a very lucky sugar daddy.
Call me old fashioned but I must be courted beforehand and respected afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with be courted. Courting and seduction are all part of the fun (at least they should be).

Jim

Anonymous said...

do you really think men yearn for long termed relationships with ladies in pumps and makeups at bars and coffeeshops?

-countryman of SPG

Her Scarlet Letters said...

Listen, these men are misguided, and your instincts are right. The "Vetting" and introduction process is the most difficult part of being a respected companion. Perhaps an agency will make this easier for you.

S

Anonymous said...

oh honey, men love makeup and frills! don't pay no mind to that ol' country boy that posted earlier, now you run along and go do whatever it is that you do. blog away honey! you aren't hurting anyone but yourself in the end-