Monday, September 20, 2004

The Ex

My ex-boyfriend(Michael) professed his undying love for me today. He was at his cousin's house nearby so he dropped by for a chat and we wound up talking about "us". "Us" is a figment of his imagination, we have been history for at least three months now. Ours was a tumultuous relationship, with lots of fighting and fucking. It was either really good or really bad, nothing in between. It was more of an open relationship really. The logic was that we were free to do whatever we wanted but the fact that we chose to give our time to one another made it stronger than a label of "boyfriend and girlfriend" ever could. But I wanted more, I wanted a commitment.
We have been each other's booty call since we broke up; the sex is great. We also check up on each other every once in a while, he's a good listener. And now he wants me to be his girlfriend.

His proclamation was made after I told him we could no longer be intimate. For the past 3 weeks or so I've been seeing a guy who lives out of town. He is considerably older than I am, which is the way I prefer it. I have developed strong feelings for him and feel I should be faithful even though we are thousands of miles apart. I think it's very romantic. Michael chose to play devil's advocate by pointing out the ways in which this lovely older gentleman might be "playing" me. Then stating "look at what you're giving up for him!"
"I'm not giving up a thing for him" I said.
*pause* "Wait you think I'm giving you up for him?"
"Yep" said Michael.

Imagine the stunned and confused look on my face as I promptly walked him to the front door.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats up? talk

Anonymous said...

sadly, this sounds like "althea" i am so not this person

Anonymous said...

yeah, you have me very confused, you are just all over the place aren't you? so is it Tiff? when do you sleep? i see you have been posting all night! you had better rest up, we know how much you need your rest now..yeah, my bf and band mates came across you last night, funny, we have similar names..well, this has nothing to do with your hilarious blogging, so..on to the next!