Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Marco

The more I think about my conversation with Michael - particularly the possibility of Marco playing me - the more I think he may be on to something. Marco is the older man I've been involved with who lives out of state. He's been behaving strangely.

Marco's fishy behavior:
1. He rarely calls me on the weekend
2. He suggested I visit him during the week, because he has to "work"
3. He uses work as an excuse for not calling me
4. He insists I see him and only him even though we're thousands of miles apart
5. He has initiated phone sex twice

I figure, maybe he's married or seriously dating someone.
Who wouldn't want the fairytale prince charming relationship he has presented me so far?
I'm not that naive.
I would settle for the mistress position, but how do I tell him that...

Step 1 - Withdraw emotionally
I haven't returned his calls for the past couple of days, when I finally talked to him yesterday he said I sounded different.
I want him to chase me so I'm acting cold and indifferent - I'm usually very upbeat.

Step 2 - Break the repetitiveness
Things between him and I have settled into a pattern, and predictability is BORING.
Today I called him and after one ring it went to his voicemail. I left a message saying "I have a question I've been meaning to ask you."
So, he'll assume I have something important to say.
When he does call I'll ask him what his intentions are for him and I, emphasizing that honesty is very important to me. Then I'll act like the bubbly girl he knows and tell him I just want someone that will take care of me and treat me like the princess I am - not a serious relationship.

Step 3 - Respond accordingly
If he wants something serious, then I will persuade him to get my ticket immediately because I miss him a lot and I want to be with him.
If he wants something casual then I will suggest we go to Vegas or Hawaii, plant sexy intricate details of the great time we could have together and continue to call him infrequently.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No. it sounds all wrong babe. i think firstly, that if you are such a "princess" and you have "class" that you should never want to play the role of "mistress" Others would call it WHORE. Also, you know it will end that way, eventually. so, if you care so much for him, why hurt him? Because that is what you will be doing, by hurting his wife, and God only knows who else. That leaves you with when he calls, I would act the opposite, he THINKS "oh shit! a serious talk" I would say "No, let's have phone sex" While doing so, discuss how you wish you were in his arms, you want him, you want to fly there and be "one" And discuss any future plans for the two of you in person, don't play childish games...but, i know you will do whatever you can, even hurting people, and you really shouldn't, cause that-will come right back to you